Lake Bogoria National Reserve Day Trip.
Lake Bogoria National Reserve is a small reserve that can only be visited as a day trip and is on few tourist itineraries. Most of the reserve consists of a large, algae-rich lake. Since the flamingos left Lake Nakuru after the flooding of 2012, Lake Bogoria is now one of the best places to see big flocks of these birds. There is only one road along the lake, which you need to backtrack to leave the reserve. But aside from birds, there is very little wildlife.
However, upon arrival at Lake Bogoria, you will be surprised by the huge amount of flamingos that coexist with kudus and other birds like the goliath herons, white herons, gray herons, pelicans, cormorants, and kingfishers. Accordingly, Lake Bogoria just like Lake Nakuru, is the ultimate paradise for ornithologists it houses numerous and varied bird species. Other animals that also reside in Lake Baringo include, Kudus, antelopes, hippos and crocodiles.
Furthermore, this lake is navigable and to this end, you can use boats to get close to the flamingos. Indeed, the aquatic safari is such a popular means of exploration in the region that even some adrenaline junkies adventurers use it to get close to the crocodiles and hippos.
- Transport in a safari minivan with pop up roof top (Optional 4×4 Land cruiser Jeep at Usd 60 extra per person min of 2 pax)
- Comprehensive 5hr Game Drive
- Ala Carte Lunch (Optional Buffet Lunch at lodge at Usd 25 extra pp)
- Services of a professional driver guide
- Bottled Drinking water
- Pick Up and drop off in your Nairobi hotel
- Items of a personal nature
- Any additional detours or packages added on to the above itinerary
- Drinks and beverages
- Tips to Drivers & guides
Departure TimeChoose your time
Return TimeChoose your time
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
- 5:00am: Lake Bogoria national reserve day trip departs from Nairobi with a pick up from your lodge by our driver guide.
- 7:30am: Arrive in Nakuru town and proceed on to the lake Bogoria National Park reserve.
- 1000 Hours: Arrive at the lake Bogoria national reserve and proceed with a game drive along the lake edges to see the flamingos and the hot water geysers and hot springs.Lake Bogoria national reserve has a herd of the relatively uncommon Greater Kudu. Other large mammals include buffalo, zebra, cheetah, baboon, warthog, caracal, spotted hyena, impala and dik dik.
- 1300 Hours: Enjoy a picnic lunch on the shores of the lake Bogoria with a view of the Siracho escarpment to the east of the lake
- 1400 Hours: Drive through the Lake Bogoria National Reserve and exit for the drive back to Nairobi.
- 1930 Hours: Arrive back into Nairobi and drop off in your hotel.End of Lake Bogoria National Reserve Day Trip